The Virtual Hub Agent allows you to virtualize any network device from mobile POS terminals to peripherals like printing devices and cash drawers in Virtual Hub.
To get started, use the username and password that you’ve been provided by your system administrator to login in the app. Once you’re in, the Virtual Hub Agent automatically detects all the devices connected to the same local network, and instantly displays them in the app.
The Virtual Hub Agent collects all the information about your devices and sends them over to Virtual Hub in the cloud. You can interact with them from the Virtual Hub Dashboard: monitor in real time the health status, see where they are located, drill down and access all the information for each device, reach out to it through the available commands, and much more.
Steps to activation:
- Download the Virtual Hub Agent app on your device from Google Play Store
- Enter username and password*
- Wait for the Virtual Hub Agent to discover devices connected to the same network
* As of now you have to contact us or your Virtual Hub reseller or system admin to obtain a valid username and password.
- The Virtual Hub Agent app works in foreground and background modes. Once you’ve successfully launched the app you can turn your device into standby mode, without ceasing the Virtual Hub Agent app.
- If you power off your Android device the Virtual Hub Agent app won’t work and the Virtual Hub Dashboard will lose the communication with your fleet.
To login in the Virtual Hub Dashboard please visit https://www.virtualhub.io/login. For more information contact us at email@example.com.