*For installation notes please scroll to the bottom.
What is WhatMovesApp?
WhatMovesApp is a state-of-the-art autonomous video analytics smartphone application built for the Android OS. This is a free version of the app with limited capabilities and a single image processing algorithm.
It is designed to meet the increasing demand for smart and efficient applications that make use of the ever-growing streams of data available in modern society; including optical smart-phone cameras.
The technology behind WhatMovesApp can be used for various applications including, but not limited to:
• Home and commercial security
• Wildlife monitoring
• Motorways and traffic monitoring
• Unmanned aerial and ground vehicles
• Crowd analysis
The primary feature of WhatMovesApp is the detection of visual novelties using the video stream from the smartphone's optical camera. The application automatically separates the interesting/novel objects from the background. This includes moving objects (such as people, cars, bikes, lorries, cats, dogs, etc.) which can then be identified and classified.
The main features of WhatMovesApp are:
• Novelty detection using a static or moving camera
• The transmission of detected novelties to a server application in real-time
• Tracking detected novelties from image to image
• Innovative, proprietaryregistered IP
WhatMovesApp employs cutting edge proprietary IP implemented in a form of smart algorithms. These were developed within the Intelligent Systems Research Lab, Data Science Group at InfoLab21.
The key methodology include:
• Recursive Density Estimation (RDE). A computationally fast and efficient pixel-wise method of detecting visual novelties, patented.
• Recursive Total Sum Distances Density Estimation (RTSDE) - integers only and no division - even faster and more robust algorithm developed specifically for video analytics
• Optical ORB method - very fast method for moving camera
• ELM (Evolving Local Means) Clustering - for identifying objects
*Installation Notes: You need to have installed OpenCV on your phone before attempting to use WhatMovesApp. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.opencv.engine&hl=en_GB
The app is provided "as it is". EntelSenSys does not take responsibility for any misuse from the users and the manner the app is used.